Getting traffic to your website is no easy task. This is true especially when lack of experience holds most of us back from obtaining our true Internet marketing goals for making money online through a successful Internet business. Article marketing is a proven method for creating large amounts of traffic to a website or blog and creating long-term and gradual increased website rankings through organic search engine marketing. In other words, Search Engines, readers and website publishers all LOVE articles, so if you can provide for all three of these entities, then you have a literal gold mine at your finger tips.
So what are some great tips for article marketing and website promotion that most people miss out on? Below are a few highly practical and highly effective article marketing and web promotion tips to create tons more traffic, sales and conversions.
1. Write, write, WRITE! All too often Internet marketers will create a bunch of 5 minute websites, write 1 article and submit it to a few different places. They then get a decent amount of traffic, then get lazy and quit. This is great if you are looking for short-term results, but if you are looking for success over the long-haul, then you need to consistently write, write, write! Don’t stop at one or two articles. If you are serious about creating long-term success and wealth online, then you shouldn’t ever stop promoting. It is often said the most give up when they are only a few inches away from success and really, that is the only difference between you and your competition.
2. Write, but write quality information to solve a dilemma. Don’t write just for the sake of writing. Put a lot of thought in every article and use the keywords you want to rank highly for. Nobody wants to read junk, so make sure what you write is actually worth reading, or it won’t be read. Writing to solve a problem is by far the most effective way to get a hungry audience online.
3. Your title should say exactly what it needs to say. Make sure your article title not only catches the attention of a potential reader, but also contains all the appropriate key words and phrases you want to be associated with in the search engines.
4. Make sure that the links in your resource box make your article worth while. Think about where you are sending your readers. Are you using anchor text? Are you using an auto responder on your landing page? Are you providing your readers with a great place to go after they read your article? These are all very important questions to ask yourself before publishing your article to various places.
5. Submit, change, submit. Every so often, I use a method of writing my article, submitting it to a few websites, then I alter my article, then I submit some more and repeat. This helps make my content a little more visible on the search engines by providing a larger amount of unique content. Article submission websites appreciate this and the search engines will too. It may take a little longer to do, but who said this was going to be easy.
6. A great way to change up article submission is to manually submit your articles half of the time, then use a paid submission service to do it the other half. This ensures a wide range of website you are submitting to as well as makes sure your articles are getting to where they need to be. Consider doing this as part of your article marketing strategy.
7. Make your readers happy, offer something free in the resource box! This is a great way for an article marketer to get traffic to their website and become memorable by giving something away completely free. Do your readers a favor and do so.
These are great ways to not only help you, but give your readers, the search engines, the article websites and web publishers great content that benefits everyone.